[Tagging] Rio de la Plata edit war

Christoph Hormann osm at imagico.de
Mon Aug 3 19:27:12 UTC 2020

On Monday 03 August 2020, muralito at montevideo.com.uy wrote:

> The scientific view, and what can be experienced or observed here is
> that the coastline ends in Punta del Este. And the line to Punta Rasa
> is a good average of the limit. Where should be put the coasline if
> not here?

Hello muralito,

could you formulate a generic rule for coastline placement similar to
what i formulated in

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_Features/Coastline-River_transit_placement

that

(a) allows for the coastline placement you favor in case of the Rio de
la Plata
(b) is based on verifiable physical geography criteria that can
practically be checked by mappers and
(c) that is compatible to most of the current coastline placements at
river mouths around the world?

If you can more easily and more precisely formulate such rule in Spanish
that would be fine - i am sure we could manage to translate.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/