[Tagging] Rio de la Plata edit war

muralito at montevideo.com.uy muralito at montevideo.com.uy
Mon Aug 3 19:46:29 UTC 2020

----- Mensaje original -----
> De: "Christoph Hormann" <osm at imagico.de>
> Para: "Tag discussion, strategy and related tools" <tagging at openstreetmap.org>
> Enviados: Lunes, 3 de Agosto 2020 16:27:12
> Asunto: Re: [Tagging] Rio de la Plata edit war

> On Monday 03 August 2020, muralito at montevideo.com.uy wrote:
>>
>> The scientific view, and what can be experienced or observed here is
>> that the coastline ends in Punta del Este. And the line to Punta Rasa
>> is a good average of the limit. Where should be put the coasline if
>> not here?
>
> Hello muralito,
>
> could you formulate a generic rule for coastline placement similar to
> what i formulated in
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_Features/Coastline-River_transit_placement
>
> that
>
> (a) allows for the coastline placement you favor in case of the Rio de
> la Plata
> (b) is based on verifiable physical geography criteria that can
> practically be checked by mappers and
> (c) that is compatible to most of the current coastline placements at
> river mouths around the world?
>
> If you can more easily and more precisely formulate such rule in Spanish
> that would be fine - i am sure we could manage to translate.
>
> --
> Christoph Hormann
> http://www.imagico.de/

i will try.

in my last mail i'm questioning the coastline placement in several rivers.
so,
-what are we mapping the coastline for?
-what we want from the "coastline"?
-what questions are we going to answer, or could we answer, with that modeling of the coastline/world? (or we just draw it for the renderer)

i have read everywhere that OSM is not the map, is the data, and we have created and are creating these data for some purpose.

Regards,
M.

Con el nuevo beneficio fiscal, tu facturación electrónica puede ser sin costo.

Informate si aplicás aquí.

mvdfactura.uy