[Tagging] Electric scooter parking

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 17:10:27 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 8. Aug 2020, at 17:58, Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org> wrote:
>
> Which honestly makes me surprised we have two separate amenities for parking already, since amenity=parking, access=no, bicycle=designated would be equivalent to amenity=bicycle_parking, and would make it easier to describe unusual parking situations (like a parking area that only allowed bicycles and buses to park) more intuitively.

this tagging would probably exclude pedestrians from walking through the parking. It is also inconsistent with the definition of amenity=parking: “ A place for parking cars“
It seems pointless to discuss these hypothetical alternative tagging definitions when we all know that if is very unlikely that the definition of a well established tag will be changed completely.

Cheers Martin