[Tagging] Antwort: Re: Aerialway stations

dktue email at daniel-korn.de
Fri Aug 14 08:40:05 UTC 2020

Am 14.08.2020 um 10:35 schrieb dktue:
> Am 14.08.2020 um 10:28 schrieb yvecai:
>> On 14.08.20 10:00, dktue wrote:
>>>
>>> So why oppose to the suggested tagging of
>>> station=lower_station/mid_station/upper_station? What harm would
>>> this cause?
>>
>> There is concerns expressed by the tag value lower/upper that imply
>> the elevation difference, do you want to tag this difference or
>> someting else? In other word, can you draft here the definition for
>> those values ?
>>
>> Yves
>
> I would define it as:
>
> lower_station: station that has the lowest elevation (exact elevation
> is not necessary to know, it's obvious)
> upper_station: station that has the highest elevation
> mid_station: any other station
I want to add: At least in Germany, Switzerland and Austria there are
well-established german words which you often find in the name of the
stations themselves:

* "Talstation" ("valley station")
* "Bergstation" ("mountain station"), sometimes also "Gipfelstation"
("summit station")
* "Mittelstation" ("mid station")

There should be a machine-readeably tagging to get this information that
is so often encoded in the name. That's why I'm suggesting this tagging.