[Tagging] new page for tree_lined=*

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 12:33:41 UTC 2020

On Fri, 14 Aug 2020 at 12:41, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <
tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> I feel that tree_lined=separate should be used if trees are separately
> mapped

What purpose does tree_lined=separate serve?  Inspection of the map shows
the object is tree-lined.

I still do not see a purpose for the attribute except as a convenient way
of avoiding mapping tree rows.  But the tree rows themselves may not fully
enclose the object whilst the tree_lined attribute implies they do.  It is
always
better to map the tree rows, anyway.

Is there a serious need (other than, say, one person's dissertation) to
perform
database queries to find objects that are tree-lined?  I can see the need to
find the nearest car park with disabled spaces, or vehicle charging points,
but
not for trees lining it.  That's probably just me, but trees lining a car
park do
not influence my choice of whether or not to use it.

--
Paul