[Tagging] new page for tree_lined=*

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 14:48:11 UTC 2020

On Fri, 14 Aug 2020 at 15:07, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > On 14. Aug 2020, at 14:45, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <
> tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:
> >
> > Maybe outright recommending removal after trees are mapped would be even
> better?
>
> vandalism. It’s like suggesting removing the lit tag after street lamps
> have been added. Or some landuse after buildings have been mapped. Or
> removing the bridge attribute on roads after the bridge object has been
> mapped as man_made=bridge.

You seem to be making a number of assumptions.

1) That "tree-lined" is a useful independent property of objects in the
same way that "lit" is.  I disagree.  It is, at best, a trivial property.

2) That "tree-lined" (which requires a query tool to find) is more useful
than a tree row for end users.  I disagree.

3) That, one day, routers might preferentially route along tree-lined roads
rather than non-tree-lined roads, in the same way they preferentially route
along lit roads.  Do any route along lit roads?  I can see that a router
which
offers walking routes might eventually prefer lit routes.

--
Paul