[Tagging] new page for tree_lined=*

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 20:48:03 UTC 2020

On Fri, 14 Aug 2020 at 15:56, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > On 14. Aug 2020, at 16:45, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I wouldn't use this attribute on anything around here.
>

> that’s fine. Apparently this attribute wasn’t created for an area like
> yours.

Apparently not.

Nobody said you should use it. There are other areas in the world where
> these are common and seen as interesting features.

Interesting, maybe.  A property of the road?  Not that I can see.  Speed
limit,
number of lanes, surface and lighting are all properties of the road.
Trees at
the side of the road are an incidental.  Fields at the side of the road are
an
incidental.  Quaint houses at the side of the road are an incidental.

> There are even already specific maps that cater for them (I think I have
> seen one from the German automobile club ADAC), and here in Italy they are
> common.

They are so common as to be inescapable here.  But not, I think of special
interest, perhaps because they are so common.  Here it would be as silly
as insisting on tagging hedge-lined roads, because hedges are prettier than
fences.  Maybe we should have fence-lined roads, too, because some fences
are pretty.

> Many people love them because they provide shade and are perceived as
> beautiful, but particularly in Germany they are also perceived as dangerous
> sometimes, because young drunken drivers end their lifes on the tree trunks
> saturday nights in the countryside.

Dangerous also, perhaps, because of leaves being shed in the autumn
resulting
in slippery road surfaces.

--
Paul