[Tagging] Tagging specialized head lice removal salons

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Wed Aug 19 10:30:08 UTC 2020


On Sat, 2020-08-15 at 22:13 +0200, Lisbeth Salander wrote:
>     On Fri, 14 Aug 2020, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com>
>     wrote:
> 
>     
>        
> 
>       
> >         Yeah, we try to avoid putting two top-level tags on the
> >           same object because
> >         of nasal demons:  
> > http://catb.org/jargon/html/N/nasal-demons.html
> >       
> 
>       That's awfully pessimistic, but I see your point. I suppose
>         having some hairdressers rendered as generic healthcare
>         providers will be confusing... and no general-purpose
> renderer
>         will adapt to something as minor as this. So I'll relent.
> 
>       I'd really like a tag we could use for both hairdressers and
>         specialists, but unless we find a less monstrous version of
> lice_removal_treatment_on_premise=yes
>         I'll let it go.
> 
>       
> 
>       On Fri, 14 Aug 2020, Martin Koppenhoefer <
> dieterdreist at gmail.com>
>         wrote:
> 
>       
> 
>       
> > Maybe it’s because I am not an English
> >         native speaker, but I would expect something more than a
> > head
> >         lice removal treatment place or a speech therapist when I
> > see
> >         healthcare=clinic. I would see it as misleading promising a
> >         „clinic“ to the map user just to find out that it is a head
> > lice
> >         removal or speech therapist
> 
>       I'm in the same boat, actually. In Spanish these are never
> called
>       "clinics", they're either "centros de eliminación de piojos"
> (lice
>       elimination centres) or "peluquerías de piojos" (lice
>       hairdressers).
>       I don't know what's the expectation in English-speaking
>         countries, but I find it difficult to categorise this as a
>         clinic. I'm not even sure if they operate under the same laws
> as
>         speech therapists and typical clinics in Spain; I think not.
It is difficult to speak for all English speaking countries as they
have different expectations of healthcare, however in the UK for any
health issues (except dentist or optician) our first point of call is
always our GP Medical Centre (amenity=doctors). From there you may be
refered to a specialised clinic. Such clinics are very unlikely to be
standalone, they may take place within the local medical centre or
within a hospital. 
I am old enough to remember when the the Nit Nurse came to schools.
https://www.theguardian.com/education/2008/dec/16/nit-nurse
I would not expect this to be something my hairdresser would deal with.
Phil (trigpoint)



>       
>       The only reason I even proposed healthcare is because, well, it
>         is a hygiene and health problem... and both amenity
>         and shop seemed too generic.
> 
>       
>       On Fri, 14 Aug 2020, Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefitz1 at gmail.com>
>         wrote:
>        
>       
> > I've just had a hip replacement done, so
> >         saw the orthopaedic surgeon this week for a follow up.
> > While I
> >         was waiting, his receptionist took a call, & had to tell
> > the
> >         caller that "I'm sorry, Dr doesn't work on wrists. He
> >         specialises in hips & knees"  
> 
>       How would we map that? healthcare=orthopaedics +
> healthcare:speciality=hips;knees?
>     
> 
>   
> 
> _______________________________________________Tagging mailing 
> listTagging at openstreetmap.org
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/tagging
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/attachments/20200819/bd082af7/attachment.htm>


More information about the Tagging mailing list