[Tagging] Call for verification (Was: Re: [OSM-talk] VANDALISM !)

Cj Malone me-osm-tagging at keepawayfromfire.co.uk
Sun Aug 23 21:56:33 UTC 2020

> Not exactly a very user-friendly system though, especially if you're
> only trying to review requested changes?
>
> & with somewhere between 300k - 600k changes sitting there to look
> at, I don't think the chances are all that high that somebody will
> spot any errors!

On the face of it I agree, it's a non obvious system and and reviewing
changesets should be encouraged more. I would consider myself an
advanced mapper now, and I've never reviewed a changeset. I never even
knew how to.

However as an anecdote, the current system seems to work, when I
requested a review of my first 3D building I not only got one, but it
got fixed. [1] [2]

Cj

[1] https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/70583513
[2] https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/70610688