[Tagging] tagging for fairgrounds

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 22:05:33 UTC 2020

On Fri, 28 Aug 2020 at 05:31, Richard Welty <rwelty at averillpark.net> wrote:

> again in the US, state and county fairgrounds are permanent facilities
> which function as event space when the fair is not actually going on.
> the midway is usually temporary, but the buildings for, say,
> agricultural exhibits are permanent, as is the race track (at many
> fairs), which might be for horses or cars.

As Phil said for the UK, in Australia they are Showgrounds, with just about
every country town having their own.

As per your description, the show is usually only on for one weekend a
year, but there are permanent buildings & facilities on site, & the area
is  frequently used as a caravan / tourist park for the rest of the year.

The few I've just checked are currently tagged with a mixture of either
leisure=park or landuse=recreation_ground. Personally, of the two options,
I'd prefer rec. ground, which I notice a few of your samples were also
tagged as.

Thanks

Graeme