[Tagging] How to put a name tag on an area with more than one type?

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Mon Dec 14 21:13:40 UTC 2020

Dec 14, 2020, 22:03 by anders at torger.se:

> Ok, understood. However as far as I know OSM lacks a standard document
> for render implementors to actually know how data should be interpreted.

In part it is https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/ in part it is decision of
authors of map style how they want map data to be intererpreted.

> The only reason I get here is when the OSM wiki doesn't have answers

Yes, you are raising some very interesting cases (for example case of mountain
and peaks named separately).

> Even here there are various answers and ideas circulating

This is whole point of tagging mailing list for features with no known
good way of tagging them. (or where it is not documented)