[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Tag:traffic_calming=hillocky

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 16:00:08 UTC 2020

Am So., 20. Dez. 2020 um 16:11 Uhr schrieb Niels Elgaard Larsen <
elgaard at agol.dk>:

> Martin Koppenhoefer:
> > I thought they would make people drive slower, while retaining a
> possibility for
> > bicycles to pass in between.
>
> That is what the proposal says. But there is no way a bicycle could pass
> between
> those seen on the proposal page at anything near normal bicycling speed.

in Italy common bumps are like these:
http://www.valsassinanews.com/image/original/12663.jpg
which do not pose a problem to cyclists at bicycle speed.

and there are variations of these:
http://www.terminalmilazzo.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/dosso-artificiale-300x169.jpg
where quite often you can be lucky and one segment, to pass through by
bike, is missing for reason or the other.

Cheers
Martin