[Tagging] sport=shooting_range vs sport=shooting + leisure=pitch

Jmapb jmapb at gmx.com
Sun Dec 20 20:27:47 UTC 2020

> I agree with this, there’s a lot of abuse for “pitch”, and these are
> not arguments for continuing the line, it’s never too late to learn
> from past errors ;-)
>
> leisure=shooting_range might make sense? There are also 4000
> military=range (is this about shooting? bombing? )

I've been using leisure=sports_centre + sport=shooting for these,
possibly combined with a building tag for an indoor range. Makes more
sense to me to giving them a top-level leisure tag unlike all other sports.

The value "shooting_range" is currently in use for the "hazard" key,
though, and is part of the hazard=* proposal which is currently being
voted in with flying colors. (
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/hazard )