[Tagging] Definition of lake/pond as applied to stream/plunge pools

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 20:34:58 UTC 2020

It's normal for the areas of rivers to be split at rather arbitrary
locations, since it is a maintenance nightmare if a whole river is mapped
as one large polygon.

Normally waterway=riverbank (and water=river) areas do not have a name tag

But if a particular part of a river, like a plunge pool, has a name, then
it would be appropriate to map that area as a waterway=riverbank (or
water=river) polygon with a name=* tag

-- Joseph Eisenberg