[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - addr:interpolation on closed ways and nodes

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 14:37:46 UTC 2020

Option 1
addr:range=* specifies the increment

addr:range=even
addr:housenumber=2..250

if .. is used, a hyphen combined with a range can be handled.

addr:range=odd
addr:housenumber=200-01..200-91

In these examples, a default of 2 would simplify things: .. infers a range,
increment is default 2 and - is never a range indicator.

Error to be expected: people just copying the housenumber plate may use
2-250.
When using the explicit addr:range tag, the format error may be detected
because .. is missing.

Peter Elderson