[Tagging] Deprecacations

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sat Dec 26 22:39:54 UTC 2020

Dec 26, 2020, 23:01 by zelonewolf at gmail.com:

> At this point in OSM, IMO we shouldn't mark anything deprecated short of an approved proposal to do so.

What about tags with barely any use and not documented?
Especially ones with clear alternatives?

For example lets say that someone added many cases of oneway=true (maybe via
import?).

I think that it would be OK to create page documenting it as deprecated duplicate of
oneway=yes, without going though full proposal process.

If for some reason sklep=warzywniak (Polish for shop=greengrocer) would become
commonly used (or someone even created wiki page for it) it would be OK to
mark it as deprecated without wasting time on a proposal process.