[Tagging] Fwd: amenity=vending_machine/vending=bottle_return - operator=

Jake Edmonds jake_edmonds at me.com
Mon Jan 6 10:44:15 UTC 2020

On third thought, breweries isn’t appropriate because not all reverse vending machine is for beer bottles, or even bottles at all.

If something like brands_accepted existed, that would be fine. I’d rather not create something new.

amenity=reverse_vending_machine
reverse_vending=bottle_return

Machines may take more than one type of item. Some here take bottles and bottle creates. Some take metal cans.

Reverse vending machines are not the only vending machine type that’s not technically a vending machine, although you are exchanging one thing for another.

I propose
amenity=vending_machine
vending=reverse_vending (or keep bottle_return as its already in use)
recycling:glass_bottles=yes/no (already is use)
recycling:<other types>=yes/no
Plus another optional tag to dictate which brands the machine takes
Sent from Jake Edmonds' iPhone

Begin forwarded message: