[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Givebox

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 22:53:50 UTC 2020

On Mon, 6 Jan 2020 at 22:43, Markus Peloso <mar.pel at outlook.com> wrote:

> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Givebox
>

> Your proposal states that "Givebox" is the name of such a facility in
Germany
and links to its Facebook page.  "Givebox" is therefore a trademark, and you
know it's a trademark, so should not be used as a tag.  There are legal
implications to trademarks and the organization would be likely to take
legal action against OSM if we used it as a tag.

It's also not a name that conveys to at least one British English speaker
(me)
what it is.  I would assume a box of some sort, not a room in a building.

--
Paul