[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Givebox

Hauke Stieler mail at hauke-stieler.de
Mon Jan 6 22:58:55 UTC 2020

Hi,

I also came along those boxes and love the idea to have a separate tag
for them.

Just some small things:

- There should be an icon on the map. Maybe something like the
shop=charity icon [0] but with a box? Just an idea.

- I think a German "Umsonstladen" is more like a store and less like a
box (even though giveboxes are mentioned on the wikipedia page). However
I also know the term "Tausch-Box" for an actual givebox.

Apart from this, your proposal looks very good to me and so far I don't
have anything to add.

Hauke

[0] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Charity-14.svg