[Tagging] relation types: circuit proposal and an alternative

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Thu Jan 9 21:33:50 UTC 2020

On 1/7/20 4:18 PM, marc marc wrote:
> Le 07.01.20 à 20:58, Richard Welty a écrit :
>> a profound lack of interest
>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Relations/Proposed/Circuit
>
> maybe it's due to the funny url for a propal
> moving it at the right place may help

so i looked over the general proposal page here

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposal

and there are no actual guidelines about what URL to use,
and while the non-relation proposals are generally in one place,
the relation proposals are often similar to the one for
the circuit relation proposal. on top of that, the "directory" for
proposals seems to me to be a poorly maintained mess.

i want to enter a proposal for my additional tags for
route relations, and i'm happy to move the circuit proposal
if i can get some clear direction. my hope would be to get
some genuine discussion going about the pros and cons of each,
then move one through. i suspect that adding some new tags to
the existing route relation will be easier than getting the
circuit relation through, but that's just a hunch.

richard
rwelty at averillpark.net
 OpenStreetMap - PostgreSQL - Linux
 Java - Web Applications - Search