[Tagging] Tagging Free Water for cafés, bars, restaurant

European Water Project europeanwaterproject at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 09:18:29 UTC 2020

Dear All,

I thought this subject could wait, but it is becoming pressing early than I
expected.

As part of our project (and that of similar non-profits - most of which are
not open data but nevertheless great organisations), we want to voluntarily
encourage cafés, bars and restaurants to offer free tap water bottle refill
to anyone off the street.  Refill has had significant success in the UK and
surprising the feedback is that the impact of increased customer traffic
far outweighs any issue of cannibalization.

If it is not already the case, could we develop a tagging standard for this
case. Maybe "amenity = cafe & free_water = yes"

It would be important to develop at the same time a distinct tag for
another cause, which we support but will not be targeting is restaurants
which offer free tap water for paying customers.
Maybe "amenity = restuarant & free_carafe = yes"

Many thanks,

Stuart

PS :

The European Water Project progressive web app powered by OpenStreetMap,
Wikidata and Wikimedia Commons data can be found :
https://europeanwaterproject.org