[Tagging] How to tag oneway restriction applying to pedestrians?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 11:50:33 UTC 2020

Am Mo., 13. Jan. 2020 um 12:36 Uhr schrieb Joseph Eisenberg <
joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com>:

> I would prefer oneway:foot=yes or foot:oneway=yes - the meaning of
> this tag is obvios.
>
> "foot:backward=no" is not very intuitive.

According to some contestants, the meaning isn't obvious, as there is the
contradiction of "oneway" never applying to pedestrians and having a subtag
which behaves as if it did?
Similar self-contradicting tag would be

highway=path AND motorcar=yes

(a path is too narrow for a motorcar, so even if you add motorcar=yes, it
will not be accessible, for physical reasons):

Cheers
Martin