[Tagging] How to tag oneway restriction applying to pedestrians?

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 13:18:01 UTC 2020

On Mon, 13 Jan 2020 at 11:36, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I would prefer oneway:foot=yes or foot:oneway=yes - the meaning of
> this tag is obvios.
>
> "foot:backward=no" is not very intuitive.

Not very intuitive but, perhaps in rare cases, necessary.  What if the road
is
one-way to both vehicles and pedestrians but vehicles go from A to B whilst
pedestrians go from B to A?

I was taught, many years ago, that if there was no pavement you walked
on the side of the road that faced oncoming traffic so you could see cars
on your side of the road coming towards you rather than have them come
up behind you.  This principle might be legally enforced on a road which is
one-way to both pedestrians and traffic on safety grounds.

--
Paul