[Tagging] Tagging Free Water for cafés, bars, restaurant

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 15:52:13 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 13. Jan 2020, at 14:07, European Water Project <europeanwaterproject at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> How about free_water_refill=yes free_water_table=yes ?

free_water_refill at a restaurant or cafe
to me sounds as if you must buy water and get refills for free

Maybe we would want to distinguish getting water by yourself from an accessible tap or bottle/carafe vs. getting it from the bar staff / waiters after you asked for it?

How would we tag a place with free drinks with your meal? I’m asking because free water for customers sounds more like a marketing tale than like something we’d tag in OpenStreetMap (it’s not “free”, it’s included).

> What is the character count permissible for tags ?

maybe it’s 255 ascii characters (technically), there is no agreed limit, as short as you can while remaining easily distinguishable and no abbreviations etc.

Cheers Martin