[Tagging] amenity=tourist_bus_parking

Markus selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 20:02:10 UTC 2020

Hi John

On Thu, 9 Jan 2020 at 22:37, John Willis via Tagging
<tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/36.31737/139.61884
>
> Here is a good example of the kind of situations I have in my area:
>
> - a service area with two different lots, car and HGV (bus/lorry) adjacent to each other, with a satellite bathroom for the busses.
> - service area is segregated by motorway direction, and labeled as such. This makes duplicates of everything.  They are usually not adjacent, but are in this case.
> - dedicated separated handicap parking
> - separate “permissive” lots for people outside the toll system to park and enter on foot.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/758265853

amenity=parking
access=customers
bus=designated
hgv=designated
motorcar=no
parking=surface
ref=🚛🚌
surface=asphalt

As amenity=parking currently is defined as a car park, data users
would assume that this is a car park for customers (they likely don't
evaluate motorcar=no).

Even if amenity=parking weren't exclusive for cars, but for any
vehicles, your tagging doesn't mean what you likely had in mind (i.e.
a customer parking for buses and HGVs), but a designated parking
facility for buses and HGVs (not only for customers) that other
vehicles except cars (e.g. tourist buses or motorcycles) can use if
they are customers.

In order that data understand your example and before we've found a
solution for parkings for multiple vehicle classes, i would recommend
to tag it as follows:

amenity=parking
access=no
bus=customers