[Tagging] building=disused

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 18:42:52 UTC 2020

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 1:22 PM Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, I'm aware there are other cartos that may handle things differently.  But the
> standard carto is the one we use to check what we've done.

Whenever I raise a point like that, there is a chorus of 'don't tag
for the renderer.'

Sometimes, even when I propose tagging that isn't _incorrect_, but
only less precise than the tagging that someone favours.

For a vacant shop, I might tag 'building=yes' for the renderer (it is
indeed a building, I'm not lying!) and 'disused:building=shop' or
'disused:shop=*' I don't have quite as good an answer for buildings
that fall in the area of, 'is a structure this decrepit still a
building?' - and that ontologic question triggers endless debates
here.

--
73 de ke9tv/2, Kevin