[Tagging] building=disused

Markus selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 19:02:02 UTC 2020

On Tue, 14 Jan 2020 at 19:44, Kevin Kenny <kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com> wrote:

> For a vacant shop, I might tag 'building=yes' for the renderer (it is
> indeed a building, I'm not lying!) and 'disused:building=shop' or
> 'disused:shop=*' I don't have quite as good an answer for buildings
> that fall in the area of, 'is a structure this decrepit still a
> building?' - and that ontologic question triggers endless debates
> here.

Is it really the shop that is disused and not the building in which
the shop is located?

Actually, i never use disused: on businesses because it feels wrong;
either i remove them or i prefix them with was: . For example,
building=commercial + disused=yes on the area and was:shop=supermarket
+ name=* on a node within.

Regards

Markus