[Tagging] building=disused

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 07:01:43 UTC 2020

On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 5:16 AM Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
> And that raises another point, how would you render disused physical objects???
> They should not be the same as a physical object that is 'in use', and some think they should be rendered, but how is that rendering to be done?
> A good answer to that question may well see the 'standard' render take action, otherwise there is no hope.

I would say that depends on the purpose of the map. A map that wants
to show buildings that were used as shop, but are now vacant/disused,
might show them very prominent.
A map showing windmills might show working windmills in black and
disused one in grey or without vanes or ...

On a general-purpose map, like osm.org, I don't know.