[Tagging] How to revive a tag proposal?

António Madeira antoniomadeira at gmx.com
Wed Jan 15 18:12:54 UTC 2020

Às 06:29 de 15/01/2020, Martin Koppenhoefer escreveu:

>> I would like to make a proper wiki and add that feature to iD
>
> these are 2 completely unrelated actions, for inclusion in iD you do not need a wiki entry nor does it influence the decision to add it or not (according to one of the maintainers).
> You could add a ticket to iD github asking for inclusion in iD.

I am aware of that, but I wouldn't propose something to github without
knowing the correct way of tagging it.

Às 16:23 de 14/01/2020, Markus escreveu:
> I'm unsure whether taking over the proposal is a good idea, but you
> could write a new proposal (see [1]).
>
> However, note that there is already craft=oil_mill (although not
> approved), which could be used together with product=olive_oil. [2]
> For big industrial oil mills you may rather want to use man_made=works
> + product=olive_oil.
>
> [1]:https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposal_process
> [2]:https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag%3Acraft%3Doil_mill
>
> Regards
>
> Markus

I wasn't aware of this proposal, but I like it more than the olive-oil-mill.
Anyway, I can't find any proposal page for it. What would be the correct
way to try and advance with the proposal process? Or should I just
propose it at github's with craft=oil_mill + product=olive_oil?