[Tagging] building=disused

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 16 11:34:10 UTC 2020

On 14/01/2020 19:32, marc marc wrote:
> Le 14.01.20 à 19:34, Markus a écrit :
>> If i understand it correctly, building=* values describe how the
>> building looks, not how it is used. For example, a church that is now
>> used as a pub still remains a building=church.
> I fully agree with that.
> note that building:use may record the current use.

This never really stands up. Storing the supposed type could only ever
work if there's a 'standard' style for each building type. Take schools,
which can vary from a mud hut to Eton. If a school building changes to,
say  a  warehouse, no one would go & point at it and say 'that's a school'

Using "building=* values describe how the building looks" is recording
historical data. We don't do that in OSM

DaveF