[Tagging] building=disused

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 12:01:51 UTC 2020

On Thu, 16 Jan 2020 at 11:35, Dave F via Tagging <tagging at openstreetmap.org>
wrote:

> This never really stands up. Storing the supposed type could only ever
> work if there's a 'standard' style for each building type.

A lot of buildings have to be building=yes, for lack of anything better.
But
you already lost the battle with building=house, which is too firmly
entrenched to change.

BTW, what do you think this building is?
https://goo.gl/maps/vjpPFTSrQKdKA8Bt8
It's a private house.  But it used to be a chapel, and that's how you'd
describe it
if you wanted to use it as a landmark in navigational instructions.

Although it's not always the case, there are times when the building type
is clear
and that information is useful.  If we were starting from scratch, having
building:type=* would be a better idea, but we can't do that.

--
Paul