[Tagging] building=disused

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 17 12:19:03 UTC 2020

Le 17.01.20 à 02:49, Joseph Eisenberg a écrit :
>>>  I'm unsure why Carto ignores such a popular tagging scheme.
>>>
>> Is it actually popular?
>
> The place to request changed to Openstreetmap-carto is
> http://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues
>
> According to taginfo, there are a total of 11,158 occurence of
> disused:man_made and disused:building http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/POy
> vs
> 27,446 uses of man_made=* and building=* with disused=yes:
> http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/POz
>
> So the "disused=yes" form is 2.5 times more popular for these
> features.

the issue with disused=yes on building is http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/PPd
1166 building + amnenity + disused=yes (same issue with shop)
what's the meaning ?
the amenity is disused and it's better to fix amenity=* with
disused:amnenity=* ?
the building was disused and after a new amenity was added and the
mapper forget (or don't known) to remove disused=yes ?

Replacing disused=yes with building:use=no/vacant or disused:amnenity=*
depending on the context would at least make it possible to know the tag
concerned by the disused information