[Tagging] RFC free_water

Alessandro Sarretta alessandro.sarretta at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 19:25:28 UTC 2020

Hi,

On 17/01/20 12:08, European Water Project wrote:

>      2. Re: RFC free_water (François Lacombe)
>

> I see your point and agree it would be preferable to develop a more
> generalize nomenclature, but also think it is important to choose
> something that is understandable to a newbie.
>
> If we chose charge:water
> <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Key:charge:water&action=edit&redlink=1>=free
> <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Tag:charge:water%3Dfree&action=edit&redlink=1>we
> would need to differentiate when the water is free to anyone (yes in
> OSM speak) or just paying customers (customers in OSM speak).
>
> We could use :
> charge:water
> <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Key:charge:water&action=edit&redlink=1>=<free
> <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Tag:charge:water%3Dfree&action=edit&redlink=1>/fee>
> access = <yes/no/customers>
> container = <bring_own/provided>
>
> In the above, European Water Project would only include cafés, bars,
> etc. with
> charge:water
> <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Key:charge:water&action=edit&redlink=1>=free
> <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Tag:charge:water%3Dfree&action=edit&redlink=1>
> access = yes
> container = bring_own

If you use the tag /access/ alone, it could refer to the "main" feature
(the bar or restaurant...).

And water is probably too general... I try suggesting to use
/tap_water/, that should clearly state that is not bottle water :-)

So it could be:

  * tap_water=yes/no/customers
  * tap_water:free=yes/no/customers
  * tap_water:container=*

This way it seems to me you should be able to cover all the
possibilities clearly.

m2c

Ale