[Tagging] RFC free_water

European Water Project europeanwaterproject at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 06:46:59 UTC 2020

>    2. Re: RFC free_water (Joseph Eisenberg)
>
>>> Joseph, I have just turned off the digest feature ... so hopefully this
will be the last of this wacky system which has been driving me crazy.

I have just added a top section to  the discussion page for :
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Proposed_features/Free_Water

I propose that everyone contribute in this section without verbage or
rationale an elegant and complete solution which solves the below.
1. Is there free drinking water available ?
2. For whom is it free ? if it is the case that there is free
water available
3. If it is free for everyone, can you bring your own container ?.  (bottle)

My current preferred solution which is now on the top of the discussion
page is :
drinking_water:free = <no/yes/customers>
drinking_water:free:container = <bring_own/provided>

After making a proposal, it would seem to make sense to explain why they
believe their set of tags is the best.

I hope this can help expedite the process.

Best regards,

Stuart