[Tagging] RFC free_water

Florimond Berthoux florimond.berthoux at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 14:26:32 UTC 2020

Le sam. 18 janv. 2020 à 18:37, European Water Project
<europeanwaterproject at gmail.com> a écrit :
> drinking_water:fee=yes/no
> drinking_water:fee:conditional="no @ customers" alternavite: drinking_water:fee:customers=no
> I can see how this works from a logic point of view, but still seems a bit convoluted
>
> I still prefer this because in one tag, we get almost everything.  I do realize there is some inconsistency with this tag name.
> drinking_water:free=<no/yes/customers>

Ok, I understand, if we look at
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/fee#values other values exist
like unknown, donation or even time table.
There also some tags meaning "free for customers" but different
syntax, it's little messy, so maybe we should normalize that with
drinking_water:fee=free_for_customers ?

(There is also drinking_water:fee=customers but I don't understand
what it can means, only customers have to pay ? that's weird.)

The problem I have with drinking_water:free is that free is not a tag
currently, and it would be an alias for drinking_water:fee with
opposite value.

> I even think that drinking_water:free = yes might be a sufficient tag for all cafes, bars, clubs and restaurants willing to participate in the refill revolution. And that the bottle precision might only be necessary for those refusing bottles and insisting on serving a glass of water.

I agree.

--
Florimond Berthoux