[Tagging] RFC free_water

European Water Project europeanwaterproject at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 05:57:44 UTC 2020

Dear Florimond,

In my opinion English is a language of affirmations and conditional
affirmations more than a language of negations with caveats.    I fully
acknowledge and respect your differing opinion.

I will give other  examples of how :free could be used affirmatively :

Free wifi at a bar could be
bar:wifi:free =<no/yes/customers>

describing bar:wifi:fee = no  is not KISS

Free battery recharge for Tesla owners for example would be better
described as an affirmation than no fee for everyone but Tesla owners.

I have modified the proposal to be :
drinking_water:free = <yes/no/customers>
drinking_water:bottle = <yes/no>

Best regards,

Stuart

PS : Giving free bottle water is not so rare and I hope becomes common
place like toilet access for anyone which has become legally mandatory in
many US municipalities. Refill UK has already signed up 1,000s of cafés in
the UK. Sarah Elrich with free tap water in Belgian restaurants has been
quite successful in signing up restaurant chains across Belgium.