[Tagging] RFC free_water

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 23:11:10 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 18. Jan 2020, at 18:08, Florimond Berthoux <florimond.berthoux at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi, I added my proposal:
>
> drinking_water:fee=yes/no
> drinking_water:fee:conditional="no @ customers" alternavite: drinking_water:fee:customers=no
> drinking_water:bottle=yes/no
>
> I think that the key bottle=* can fit your needs to know if you can refill you bottle easily or not. https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:bottle
> I suffix it by drinking_water because bottle alone would look like a lost tag in a cafe/restaurant tag table

fee is relative. I’ve seen municipal/public water dispensers which gave chilled/sparkling drinking water for a small fee ( 0.10 eur per liter), although this is not free, it comes close. This one I’ve tagged as vending machine:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/6840148574

Admittedly without the “description“ it would loose a lot of information and your tag proposal would encourage to add these in a formal way.

For “fee”, the amount is interesting (without going into more complex pricing details it could be defined as the price for one bottle refill)

Cheers Martin