[Tagging] RFC free_water

European Water Project europeanwaterproject at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 13:40:33 UTC 2020

Dear Phil,

A group of us have recently started an NGO called European Water Project to
develop a similar scheme to that of Refill all over Europe.   I have
written a Progressive Web Apllication https://europeanwaterproject.org
available in 8 languages for this purpose. We currently are only mapping
drinking fountains, but want to add participating refill cafes and bars.

I had many many discussions with Gus Hoyt from the Refill UK Bristol
headquarters and unfortunately the board of City2Sea is adamant about
following a closed database scheme and requiring all affiliates of their
scheme to sell Chilly water bottles.

We believe the development and the maintenance of a database of
participating cafes and bars is best done using an open data database and
done collaboratively.

I recently presented our project  at the UN in Geneva in front of 850
students from 32 countries and received a positive response.
https://www.facebook.com/EuropeanWaterProject/posts/129192181895515

Best regards,

Stuart