[Tagging] Query regarding seasonal tag combined for outdoor water fountains.

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 12:50:07 UTC 2020

On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 at 10:06, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <
tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> &&   Deleting a non-functioning fountain node, is discouraged
> But in case of removed structure deletion
> of node is encouraged.

There are some (I'm one of them) who would say that if the fountain is
likely to
be remapped because there are many images of it on the web, then it is
better
to retain the node and apply a removed: lifecycle prefix to it (and
possibly a
note, explaining things).  Others will strongly disagree, saying that OSM
doesn't map history and ignoring that this is actually a quality assurance
mechanism.

--
Paul