[Tagging] a kind of name:XX-modern-not-used

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Fri Jan 24 13:57:26 UTC 2020

I am against transforming OSM into an etymological dictionary. While etymological research is of
course valuable, such results are not easily verifiable for other users, and overload the tagging of
objects that have plenty of tags in current languages already.

There are systems like wiktionary.org suitable for these details, which can be sufficiently linked
with wikidata references. Thus there is no reason to duplicate that in OSM.

tom