[Tagging] EV charging stations questions and proposals

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 13:50:54 UTC 2020

HI all,

According to practices and vocabulary, amenity=charging_station is mostly
used on nodes and have chances to refer to devices.
Even on situations with one single socket, the place has to include space
required to park vehicles while charging. Then it's preferable to map
places as polygons to reflect that space and keep nodes for individual
sockets or charging devices.

See
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Tag:amenity%3Dcharging_station#Is_this_a_device_or_a_place_.3F

What about amenity=charging_pool for such polygons including parking?

All the best

François