[Tagging] Active volcanoes

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Mon Jan 27 07:24:29 UTC 2020

I agree with you that this is the scale that volcanologists use, but people want to draw a distinction between something that erupted recently compared sometime in the last 200 years

Perhaps it is easier to just apply the “active” and “Frequently active” tags via this third-party data source, but it would completely remove mapper’s ability to add a mountain to this list via tagging.

Inventing a separate schema seems like a bad idea, but I don’t think people understand “active” could mean an eruption before the industrial revolution, and people seem to want to add more granularity to this data. Maybe that is a bad idea, but should be considered.

Javbw