[Tagging] key, name, long or a partial abbreviation?

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 12:22:42 UTC 2020

> mt_motor_vehicle  - partial abbriviation, “mt” stands for multi_tracked
> Does this express the category well enough?
> Do people understand that?

No, I would not understand this as a native English speaker, because
"MT" is not a common abbreviation for "multi-tracked".

I would only use an abbreviation if it is very commonly used and
widely know, since it will need to be understandable to speakers of
other languages as well.

- Joseph Eisenberg