[Tagging] Deprecate healthcare=pharmacy and healthcare=hospital

Jarek PiĆ³rkowski jarek at piorkowski.ca
Wed Jan 29 14:41:18 UTC 2020

On Wed, 29 Jan 2020 at 07:25, Joseph Eisenberg
<joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> > iD also brings up the "suggestion" that existing amenity=clinic, pharmacy &
> > (I think) dentist tags by themselves are "incomplete" & should be upgraded
> > by adding healthcare=
> > eg https://www.openstreetmap.org/edit#map=21/-28.07641/153.42326
>
> That's interesting. I wonder if there is a way to find what percentage
> of the healthcare=pharmacy tags were added by iD or other editors in
> this way.

One could crunch edit history of some affected nodes and see how many
of the tags were added by which editor according to created_by tag on
the changeset.

While we're on the subject, "amenity pharmacy" would make a good
addition to the recently discussed
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Counterintuitive_key_names wiki
page.

I'm also curious about your thoughts regarding public_transport=*
double tagging, regarding tagging both wikipedia and wikidata, and
regarding brand keys (name=McDonald's + brand=McDonald's)

--Jarek