[Tagging] Active volcanoes

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Wed Jan 29 23:15:21 UTC 2020

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 12:48 PM Eugene Alvin Villar <seav80 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Wikidata already has the GVP property:
> https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P1886
>
> So it's just a matter of ensuring that all volcanoes tracked by the GVP is
> present in Wikidata and has the correct P1886 value.

Can you explain how that would work? Take the example of Mount Baker. It
has a wikidata Q code of  Q594387. GVP has a volcano number of 321010. What
would a tag look like? Please excuse my ignorance of Wikipedia. I can read
articles and maybe understand some, but how Wikidata works is beyond my
comprehension :)

--
@osm_washington
www.snowandsnow.us