[Tagging] Active volcanoes

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 23:24:26 UTC 2020

On Wed, 29 Jan 2020 at 23:16, Clifford Snow <clifford at snowandsnow.us> wrote:

> Can you explain how that would work? Take the example of Mount Baker. It
> has a wikidata Q code of  Q594387. GVP has a volcano number of 321010. What
> would a tag look like? Please excuse my ignorance of Wikipedia. I can read
> articles and maybe understand some, but how Wikidata works is beyond my
> comprehension :)

Go to https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q594387 and search the page for
"smithsonian."   You see Smithsonian volcano ID 321010.  Dunno if that's
been there for a long time or somebody just added it in response to your
post
here.

Explaining how to add those iDs to other Wikidata volcanoes is beyond the
scope of this response. :)

--
Paul