[Tagging] Is there any case of valid numeric addr:housename - for example addr:housename?

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 02:34:19 UTC 2020

On 30/6/20 11:16 pm, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:

> sent from a phone
>
>> On 30. Jun 2020, at 15:08, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:
>>
>> Is there some chance that any of them is valid?
>
> IMHO not, these are likely autocompletion bloopers.

Highly likely these are errors. However it is not impossible that a number could be used as a house name.

>   I’d support an automatic retagging effort to addr:housenumber (unless there is already a different housenumber)

I would not support auto retagging. Contact the mappers and ask them.
I have come across one or two of these, contacted the mapper and one mapper agreed that it was an error.
The other mapper argued, settled by web search evidence that it was not the name.