[Tagging] Is there any case of valid numeric addr:housename - for example addr:housename?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 18:59:16 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 1. Jul 2020, at 12:55, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Of
> course, most people in the UK don't know that and just stick up a
> house name or change an existing one without approval.  Other
> jurisdictions may not require approval.

it does not mean we can not recognize the housenames that aren’t approved. We do not have to follow official housename rules and could say that a sign with a housename on it is sufficient for inclusion in OpenStreetMap (and these could be useful even if they are not officially recognized).

Cheers Martin