[Tagging] Central European insight needed: cukrászda, cukrárna, cukiernia, ciastkarnia, cukráreň, pasticceria, konditorei, patisserie, ...

Jarek Piórkowski jarek at piorkowski.ca
Wed Jul 1 21:08:35 UTC 2020

On Wed, 1 Jul 2020 at 16:55, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1. Jul 2020, at 02:51, Jarek Piórkowski <jarek at piorkowski.ca> wrote:
>> Do we want to introduce new tags for gastronomical service places? If
>> yes, so far takeaway has one of the clearer definitions I've seen, so
>> we could start there.
>
> we already have the quite established tag takeaway=yes/no/only
> no need to reinvent the wheel: https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/takeaway#values

Yeah, but we're being told that British takeaways are very different
from other casual food places that have seating and the provision of
seating is of key interest to Paul.

So, are they different enough to have a new root tag? Or do we accept
ambiguity of cafe/fast_food root tags and specify with subtags?

In my reading, that's what the entire discussion has been about.

--Jarek