[Tagging] How to map terrace buildings with names

Skyler Hawthorne osm at dead10ck.com
Mon Jul 6 21:22:24 UTC 2020

> I'm also, in a more general sense, raising a question about the
> established conventions and whether it makes sense to be tagging the
> individual units as "buildings", when they are not really buildings
> in and of themselves, but sections of one larger building that
> contains several other units.

To expand on this a bit, for example, if we are tagging a shopping
center that has one large building which contains several individual
shops, you tag the whole building with building=retail and amenity=* or
shop=*, not building=shop or something like that. It's just curious
that for terraces, the convention is to tag each individual unit as a
building in its own right.

--
Skyler